Re: [patch] fix statd -n

Wendy Cheng wrote:
Janne Karhunen wrote:
Hi,

So effectively, it makes me sleep better. With it:
- I can rely on clients identifying the server correctly,
- I'm not exposing out anything that is not needed,
- Can tell by the address what this traffic is,
- Can be sure that packets are sent out via right interface

It might be even better if it would exit if -n is used when
no such interface is actually available. As I did it, it still
gambles here just as before.

After browsing thru "statd -n" flow, it is still not clear what will happen if there are more than 2 interfaces used to export NFS shares ?
Using "statd -H", together with patches described in:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/cluster-devel/2007-April/msg00028.html ,

our cluster failover (with 4 IP interfaces per server) seemed to run well without troubles. Note that 2/3 of the patch in 4-3 can be removed *now* since it deals with moving server address from network header into lockd internal structures - another similar patch (by Frank van Maarseveen) was accepted into mainline kernel after our patch that has the required functionality:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/7/10/553 .

So the following is our (-H) flow:
* Server dispatches statd with "-N" option that has a user mode script
obvious typo here .. "Server dispatches statd with "-H" option that has a uwer mode script"

-- Wendy