Re: images -> DVD-slideshow ?

* Hal MacArgle <haltec@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-06-04 07:40]:
> On 06-02, chuck gelm wrote:
> > Howdy:
> >
> > What is your suggestion for an application that will convert
> > many (still) images into a DVD slideshow, perhaps with
> > background music?  I've been trying to obtain image2mpeg
> > with varying sucess.  I was able to get a version downloaded
> > and compiled.  I created an image (stream.ppm), but there
> > seems to be no mention of how to get the output file onto a DVD.
> >
> > If the output DVD <image> is small, can it be placed on
> > a (650-700MB) CDROM and played on a standard DVD player?
> > If yes, how?  'growisofs' balks at writing to my CDROM media.
> >
> > I am using Slackware v10.2 and understand *.tar.gz.
> > I am poorer at installing *.rpm, but will try if that is the only
> > offering of another application.  *.deb, I don't know.
> >
> > Regards, Chuck
>
> 	I really wish I could make a magic suggestion, as you have
> done for me in the past, but my brain is in meltdown mode with this
> stuff..
>
> 	I haven't tried slide shows yet still stuck on editing
> streaming video with two, partially successful, routes: Linux Video
> Editor; http://lvempeg.sourceforge.net that compiles and installs
> under Slack10.2, but I've not, yet, been able to figure out how to
> actually edit videos, only preview.. It wont work with .avi files,
> just .vob's that I've converted with videotrans' -M flag.. (You
> discovered most that led up to this.) It, of course, requires a
> bazillion libs that, in turn, require more libs.. <grin> LVE has a
> DVDAuthoring-HOWTO that's interesting referring to many buzz words
> we're now immersed in.. Of course videotrans can convert to non muxed
> files; .mp2 and m2v..
>
> Another much more powerful scheme I've installed is cinelerra:
> www.cinelerra.org
> the heroinewarrior.com version that only installs into FedoraCore 4,
> but includes all the deps in the 30mB rpm package.. I tried cinelerra
> tarball but never got it working under Slack10.2.. It's world class
> and you can do everything with it including washing dishes I think..
>
> It requires a .vob file too and I've been able to do some simple
> editing but there are still many problems.. Work in progress with
> both of them of course.. Warp hours per usual.. The blurb says that
> cinelerra is "professional."
>
> Cinelerra recommends Kino for blokes like me but I got nowhere with
> it, especially since it's sort of designed for digital camera to
> editor and back... The various codecs can drive one to drink too..
> <g>

Lovely, lively,
It was indeed hard to get started.
There is a list on cinelerra where you could get much info.

There is a link to a slackware site on www.cinelerra.org
if you do "wget -r -np to that site" you should get most of the
dependencies. If you have any problems please email me privately on
mettavihari@xxxxxxxxx or ask on the cinelerra mailing list.

I have manged to get cinelerra up working (without the bottle);-)
And once you get on it then it is like opium.
You cannot get off it again.;-)
It really is pro.

I will have a look at lvempeg.sf.net
It sounds interesting and challenging

There is also a interface for making dvd's but i have not mastered yet.
May be in about 1-2 weeks I should be able to help.

Mettavihari

--
A saying of the Buddha from: http://metta.lk/
Streaming Dhamma Video from: http://dharmavahini.tv/