RE: Ethernet link force-up

I don't know about your particular hardware, but some hardware is designed to not transmit in cases like this to prevent eye injury. Do yourself and everybody else in that lab a favor and make sure the unconnected TX is covered up. Some of those lasers are surprisingly high power. The infrared frequencies used may be invisible to the human eye, but that won't stop them from burning your retina if the beam happens to enter one of your pupils.

Jeff Haran
Brocade