Re: eth0 ARP-replying for eth1

It's a routing optimization for the network.  Even if your dual-homed
machine isn't a router, it's still on both segments.  The alternative is
that the net has to route your packet to the other segment.  It's
clearly more efficient to have the machine answer directly.

--
Lawrence MacIntyre     865.574.8696     macintyrelp@xxxxxxxx
               Oak Ridge National Laboratory

-