Automated dial-out PPP connection upon network request

Hello folks,

I am setting up an automated dial-out PPP connection on a
Linux box to be started when one of the PC at local LAN
would connect any Internet site.

This means the Default Gateway of the local LAN is that
Linux box. When a local PC will try to reach any Internet
IP box, this PPP connection needs to be initialized
with the Internet provider and has to remain open
until no trafic detected on that PPP channel for a
given period of time.

I played with wvdial and works fine. The problem
is that I do not find how to automatically start
wvdial in daemon mode as well as to tell hime to
cancel the PPP connection when NO trafic
condition detected.

Many thanks for your help.

Bye

-