Re: Anyone working on I-SCSI driver(s) for Linux???

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:16:37PM -0700, Prasenjit Sarkar wrote:

> Agreed. there is no point in massively duplicating efforts. I also
> believe that the driver should remain in the hands of the
> opern-source iSCSI community.
>
> I would like the people who are doing open-source iSCSI to speak up
> in that I wasnt aware.

I am looking at possibly doing an open-source iSCSI driver for a large
storage vendor.  I have also recently started participating in the
IETF IPS working group (where iSCSI is being standardized) as somone
from the Security Area to help provide some guidance to the wg, given
my security expertise.

> On the other hand, I wouldnt call these projects secret, I have seen
> a lot of these Linux drivers without signing any non-disclosure agreement.
> And certainly, I have been told they will be out in the next few months
> (at most), so the chances of being obsolete are slim.

Are these drivers for hardware adaptors that speak iSCSI, or software
implementations of iSCSI initiators/targets?

							- Ted
-