Re: Anyone working on I-SCSI driver(s) for Linux???

Agreed. there is no point in massively duplicating efforts. I also
believe that the driver should remain in the hands of the
opern-source iSCSI community.

I would like the people who are doing open-source iSCSI to speak up
in that I wasnt aware.

On the other hand, I wouldnt call these projects secret, I have seen
a lot of these Linux drivers without signing any non-disclosure agreement.
And certainly, I have been told they will be out in the next few months
(at most), so the chances of being obsolete are slim.

   Prasenjit Sarkar
   Research Staff Member
   IBM Almaden Research
   San Jose

                    Alan Cox
                    <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org       To:     Prasenjit Sarkar/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
                    .uk>                         cc:     xioborg@yahoo.com (Steve Brueggeman),
                    Sent by:                      kiobuf-io-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, linux-net@vger.kernel.org,
                    linux-scsi-owner@vger.        linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org, linux-scsi-owner@vger.kernel.org
                    kernel.org                   Subject:     Re: Anyone working on I-SCSI driver(s) for Linux???

                    04/03/2001 11:42 AM

> A lot of companies are doing iSCSI Linux driver development and as far as
> know, they plan to open-source the Linux
> drivers. At some point, I expect all of them to merge into one
distribution

They might want to talk to the people doing open source iSCSI at the moment
and also the folks planning to rewrite the scsi layer for 2.5... Otherwise
they
are likely to be obsolete by the time they open up their currently secret
projects

-

-