Re: Anyone working on I-SCSI driver(s) for Linux???

Hello,

To answer your question, yes.

A few points to bring up.  Myself and two other developers are working on
iSCSI drivers for linux.  This is a pure software solution and is GPL'd.
I hastily threw up a web page desribing the project here:

http://www.cs.uml.edu/~mbrown/iSCSI

More importantly, our current sources are also posted there.  We had
planned on releasing code when we had finished implementing something that
worked, but due to this current thread I felt obligated to post what we've
got so far.  At the time this project was started, we found no other
developers publicly working on an open sourced implementation for linux.
If others are working on this and have some code, please let me know.  If
there are more mature solutions out there which plan on eventually
becoming open sourced, I'd like to take a peek.

Thanks.

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Steve Brueggeman wrote:

>After a quick browse through the Mail list archive at
>http://ips.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/mail/maillist.html
>I noticed that Justin Gibbs, and Alan Cox had a brief exchange more
>than a year ago, but no Linux luminaries (that I noticed anyway)
>since.
>
>Does anyone know if there's any development happening in the area of
>I-SCSI on Linux???
>
>Ref: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-05.txt
>
>I understand that this is still a draft in progress, but I would think
>that someone, somewhere has started work on this by now.  I just hope
>they're not all closed-source.
>
>Steve Brueggeman

-Michael F. Brown, UMass Lowell Computer Science

phone:  (978) 934-5354
email:  mbrown@cs.uml.edu

"I wonder if pawns just realize that they're just pawns
 in someone's (chess) game."   -L. Fitzgerald Sjöberg

-