AF_ROUTE questions

Hi, all,

I am trying to use Route Socket (AF_ROUTE) to get the interface list on a
linux box (Red Hat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.16). The problem now is
NET_RT_IFLIST undeclared.

I don't know if I want to write this kind of application, should I rebuild
a new kernel with more kernel support options on. (My kernel is upgrade
from 2.2.5 with linux installor upgrade option).

The other problem is the header files in Linux ( name an location) on this
seems different wiht UNIX environment introduced by R.Steven's UNIX
networking programming. One example is in Linux sysctl(2).

Can someone give me some ideas about this problem? Thanks in advance!

cheers,

wei

Wei Qu
Graduate Student, Research Assistant
Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University
E_Mail: wei@cs.dal.ca
Home  : http://www.cs.dal.ca/~wei/

May you have warm words on the cold evening, a full moon on
the dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.