Re: Newsgroups

Matti Aarnio wrote:

> 	You are asking advice on how to use some particular USERSPACE
> 	APPLICATION.  This forum is for Linux operating system networking
> 	subsystem development topics.  (And to a limited degree on how
> 	to configure/operate parts of it.)

I recall hearing that rumour (the one about this list being about
kernel-level networking) a while back. Far enough back that I wouldn't
expect most subscribers to remember it.

If this list /is/ intended for kernel (rather than userspace)
networking issues, then:

1. The "Welcome to linux-net" message from Majordomo should probably
say so. Otherwise there isn't any reason to suspect that userspace
networking is off-topic.

2. Off-topic posts should be handled consistently. There have been
plenty of posts which, while farther off topic than the one in
question, never received any such comments.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn@sensei.co.uk>
-