Re: How to organize UBI volumes and power crash

Am Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 10:53:00 CEST schrieb Мясоедов А.Ю.:
> Thank ypu, Richard.
>
> >  Both UBI and UBIFS must not corrupt upon a powercut, if you face such an
> issue, please report. This could be a bug or a hardware problem.
>
> But http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_unstable_bits
> says about such possible problems (unstable bits).

This problem is highly theoretical and so far I have never seen it.
So far anyone that claimed to suffer from that was wrong and it turned out that
it was some other issue.

It is time to remove that paragraph from the website since it confuses user
over and over.
David, can you please file and merge a patch?

>  >  The general recommendation is having the MTD partition and therefore
> the UBI device as large as possible such that the wear leveling large.
> 02.10.2018 11:41, Richard Weinberger написал:
>
> Do you mean one MTD partition for first UBI volume, and second MTD
> partition for another one?

No, just one UBI device on one MTD partition with multiple UBI volumes.

Thanks,
//richard