Re: dosemu: trouble with himem.sys and rs232

Le Sun, 20 Oct 2019 21:20:42 +0300,
stsp <stsp2@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> 20.10.2019 20:44, Dominique Michel пишет:
> > I just succeeded to launch dosemu2 and to run both the asm56000
> > assembler and the dsp56k communication and debugger terminal I need
> > for my dsp board.
> >
> > You did a terrific job with dosemu2 because for what I remember, it
> > was really tricky to get the MSDOS with the PC of that time to not
> > crash with these 2 software,
>
> Good to know, but did you try dosbox?
> It usually also work.

With dosbox and dsp56k, I get

Serial1: Opening ttyUSB0
Serial1: Desired serial mode not supported (5,8,e,1)

and dsp56k complain like what it cannot initialize the DSP56002 EVM and
quit.

With asm56000, I get

[DOSBox switched to max cycles, because of the setting: cycles=auto. If
the game runs too fast try a fixed cycles amount in DOSBox's options.

asm56000 take forever to compile something, with a cpu usage of dosbox
around 12%. With dosemu, the same compilation takes max 1 sec with
around 48% cpu. The dsp56k terminal takes around 84% cpu when it is
just waiting, which imply it seam to exercise dosemu quite a lot, that
on a 4 years old duocore asus amd laptop running a 5.2.0-rt kernel.

--
If you have a problem and you are not doing anything to fix it, you are
at the heart of the problem.