Re: quick question about dosemu

24.09.2018 23:01, David Henderson пишет:
So I have bad news... I tried both dosemu and wine, but neither will run chkdsk. I even tried using another wine binary called wineconsole - no go there either. This sucks!!! But at least there is confirmation that it will not work.
Wine is not going to work because I don't think
it supports direct partitions. dosemu is your only
friend I suppose. Try ntfs4dos, there seems to be
some chkdsk included.
Try those 1024+ windows emulators for dos.
HX will probably not work with low-level filesystem
access, but doswin32, 32rtm, wdosx and all the
rest will give you some field for research.
doswin32 seems to be very active and has a
commercial support. So you can pay them money
if the functionality is missing. But you will also pay
them for dosemu support, as currently they only
support dosbox. Anyway, there are lots of things to try.