Re: quick question about dosemu

Good afternoon Brent - thanks for the lengthy discussion!  I come from
the pre-Windows era (DOS 5 and on) and can confirm 99% of everything
you stated below.  I was, however, unaware that newer CLI executables
were not actually still DOS-based but instead linked against Windows
.dll files.  What a shame!  I was hoping that such a basic command
such as the modern chkdsk.exe would be able to use something like
dosemu to work.

I am not sure that wine will fit into part of the project (since it is
command line only).  The other side of it is graphical and will
therefore run X.org so wine could be a solution.  I will probably
still attempt to see if by chance chkdsk.exe will run under dosemu,
although it is not looking good at this point per the discussions with
everyone.  I will report back my findings just so everyone can have
confirmation one way or another - unless someone already has a working
dosemu and can quickly attempt a chkdsk run with it (I will have to
compile dosemu for my distro before attempting anything).

Thanks again to everyone for the conversation - it was enlightening!

Dave