Re: Install DR-DOS 7.0 into dosemu on Linux Mint (Debian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybase_Open_Watcom_Public_License

>  Of course, I personally shall be happy to see DOSEMU
> in Linux distributions too.
Someone have to write a compiler for for FreeDOS and release
it under GPL. :)

> - FreeDOS compatibility with win3.1 maybe isn't too critical and may
> be abandoned (my opinion; at first I think win3.x is some transient
> stage, neither DOS, nor windows (in Czech we call it 'kočkopes' which
> is some as 'catdog' - neither cat, nor dog). And second, I not know
> when someone use win3.x - I know several peoples which uses DOS
> programs, but I don't know anybody who use win3.x (in fact, two years
This is true in real world, but in the virtual world of dosemu, win31
is the only possibility to browse the internet with netscape navigator
gold. :) Not a very big deal, sure, but still it is a bit of a problem
by itself that FreeDOS, being recommended to use with dosemu,
shrinks its functionality compared to other DOSes. It should enrich
the functionality, not shrink.