How do I install the dosemu_patch-1.4.0.1 file?

Hi,
I have a dumb question:  I've downloaded and built DOSemu from the source, and it
runs bloody excellent!   Fantastic product, and personally, very useful.
Except I find my APL interpreter cannot "see" the APL direct access files.
So, I want to install the patches that have been developed to take DOSemu from
version 1.4.0.0 to  patched-version 1.4.0.1.
How do I do this?
Been thru all the info on website, and will now start the process of Google-searching
for how this is done.
If anyone gets this note, could you please shoot me a quick reply as to where I can
find the instructions for installing patches into code?   It's probably a one-liner of
of an SED program, or something, with then a re-"make" and re-"make install"
(I hope...)
Any info appreciated. Thx
-  MCL