Re: Why dosemu can not access internal harddisks while running from latest GRML in live CD mode?

    Hello.
The problem with virtualization is that screen readers can't read their screens (I guess). Using DOSEmu in terminal mode allows screen readers to read the screen of the program that it is running and there are recovery programs for DOS it seems. So, if no virtual machine system allows to use a screen reader then it is not useful for Janusz. Does anybody know if there is a virtual machine emulator that has support for screen reading (support for visually impaired people) and raw access to a hard disk? Janusz, isn't there any useful recovery program for Linux that you can use?
    Here is a list of programs from my Debian Testing distribution:
        - chntpw: NT SAM password recovery utility.
        - gddrescue: the GNU data recovery tool.
        - gzrt: gzip recovery toolkit.
        - safecopy: Copy utility ignoring errors.
        - scalpel: A Frugal, High Performance File Carver.
        - scrounge-ntfs: Data recovery program for NTFS filesystems.
        - scrub: writes patterns on magnetic media to thwart data recovery.
        - testdisk: Partition scanner and disk recovery tool.
        - convmv: filename encoding conversion tool.
- dosfstools: utilities for making and checking MS-DOS FAT filesystems.
        - e2undel: Undelete utility for the ext2 file system.
        - ext3grep: Tool to help recover deleted files on ext3 filesystems.
        - gcp: Advanced command line file copy system.
        - ntfs-3g: read/write NTFS driver for FUSE.
        - recover: Undelete files on ext2 partitions.
        - recoverjpeg: tool to recover JPEG images from a filesystem image.
- smartmontools: is to control the S.M.A.R.T. capability of hard disks.
    All those programs have terminal interfaces.
You can read more about them searching on Google or in http://packages.debian.org/ .
    Hope this helps!!!
    Bye.