Re: Remote control of Dosemu

John Coppens wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:38:51 -0500
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another possibility is that it might have a mode to display output
to the printer. Then you can likely capture INT5 (IIRC) and intercept
the BIOS interrupts to control the printer, or redirect the printer
output from DOSEMU. If that's not possible, you could try simulating
the keypress to force a screen capture to the printer PrintScrn key.
I recall a program KEYFAKE which I may have lying around which might
be able to do something like that.

No possibility to change, as far as I can see. A little surprised though,
because the program works on Hercules and CGA screens, so there should be
some kind of selection mechanism. I suspect it is automatic.

I remember 'keyfake'. In fact, I wrote a TSR program that fakes
keypresses. I hadn't thought about PrtScr though. I believe there was an
interrupt called when PrtScr was pressed. But, I seem to remember

What I had in mind is that DOSEMU probably emulates "PrintScreen" by
sending the output to a Linux printer. You might be able to tell
DOSEMU to send it to a regular Linux file and postprocess that.
There is a BIOS call to send a single character to the printer,
which is INT5, I think. Anyway, trying to get just a file visible
to Linux is more likely to succeed than any number of TSRs doing
junk under the emulated MSDOS, having done a few old popup TSRs
myself.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.