Re: Remote control of Dosemu

John Coppens wrote:
Hello people.

I need to 'remote control' an old program. I found in the FAQ that it is
possible to feed keyboard commands into an application.

The problem is that I would need feedback from the program's screen,
while it is running. Is there any way to get to the screen output? As
usual, this apps write immediately to the scree (bypasses the BIOS).

Is there a way to configure the program to use the BIOS rather
than direct screen writes? Some of those old programs had various
modes

	V.SLOW	use MSDOS stdout writes
	SLOW	use MSDOS direct console writes
	FAST	use BIOS screen writes
	V.FAST	use direct memory writes

If it can be configured to use another mode, you might be able
to do the capture easily.

Another possibility is that it might have a mode to display output
to the printer. Then you can likely capture INT5 (IIRC) and intercept
the BIOS interrupts to control the printer, or redirect the printer
output from DOSEMU. If that's not possible, you could try simulating
the keypress to force a screen capture to the printer PrintScrn key.
I recall a program KEYFAKE which I may have lying around which might
be able to do something like that.

Any suggestions where to look?

John

Mike