Re: Remote control of Dosemu

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:38:51 -0500
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another possibility is that it might have a mode to display output
> to the printer. Then you can likely capture INT5 (IIRC) and intercept
> the BIOS interrupts to control the printer, or redirect the printer
> output from DOSEMU. If that's not possible, you could try simulating
> the keypress to force a screen capture to the printer PrintScrn key.
> I recall a program KEYFAKE which I may have lying around which might
> be able to do something like that.

No possibility to change, as far as I can see. A little surprised though,
because the program works on Hercules and CGA screens, so there should be
some kind of selection mechanism. I suspect it is automatic.

I remember 'keyfake'. In fact, I wrote a TSR program that fakes
keypresses. I hadn't thought about PrtScr though. I believe there was an
interrupt called when PrtScr was pressed. But, I seem to remember
it prints directly, so I suspect it'll be easier to modify the TSR to
make it read the screen memory directly.

Thanks for the suggestions!
John