Re: Remote control of Dosemu

2008/7/18 John Coppens <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I need to 'remote control' an old program. I found in the FAQ that it is
> possible to feed keyboard commands into an application.
>
> The problem is that I would need feedback from the program's screen,
> while it is running. Is there any way to get to the screen output? As
> usual, this apps write immediately to the scree (bypasses the BIOS).

You can try running in terminal mode ("dosemu -t") and redirecting
both input and output.
The output will contain lots of escape characters but you might be
able to fish out the output you need (even with direct video writes,
as long as they are characters, not graphics).
Dumb mode is most convenient but does not work with direct video writes.

E.g., this gives you such a file:
echo -e "exitemu\r" | dosemu -t  > log

You'll probably have to play a bit with pipes to get the whole thing working.

Bart