Re: ANNOUNCE: module-init-tools 3.7-pre9 release

On Mar 13, Alan Jenkins <alan-jenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok. I'm probably out of my depth here. I've never created a package, and
> I don't use m-i-t's "make install" because it complains about
> "modprobe.old" not existing.
Actually I do not use make install either now that I think about it...
Maybe the correct solution is to just delete the generated man pages
when I start building the package, so they will all be rebuilt in the
correct directory.

> I'm also puzzled when you say it's only a problem for _some_ manpages.
Because some are patched by the Debian package (maybe it's time we
undocument modprobe.conf?) so they are regenerated.

--
ciao,
Marco