Re: [patch 2/5] drivers/base/memory.c: indicate all memory blocks as removable

On 01.04.20 17:33, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

>>> I'll give it a try, but I think it's rather unlikely ... :)
>>
>> So, people are looking into. Literally any mail that goes via Mimecast
>> servers (at least sent by me!) is converted *for whatever reason* to
>> quoted-printable.
>
> I mean, it's not *wrong* to do that -- older mail standards required
> that all MTA-to-MTA communication should be done in 7bit. But we're
> literally talking previous-century legacy protocols here. Forcefully
> converting all mail to 7bit is about the most 90s thing you can do these
> days, short of being really into mullets and Arsenio Hall.

The last sentence really made my day, thanks :D

>> E.g., patches I punched out today via "git send-email" even have the
>> line continuations thingy again (they disappeared for a while, maybe
>> there are different MTAs involved and it's like playing the lottery)
>
> Those show up when your lines are longer than 76 characters. Because,
> you know, otherwise the message would be too wide to fit through the
> ethernet cable.

Yeah, however, the mail servers I'm using are not doing this
consistently. Maybe some of them are more advanced than others :)

Let's see if IT can teach these mail servers about the 21 century ...

--
Thanks,

David / dhildenb