Re: [patch 2/5] drivers/base/memory.c: indicate all memory blocks as removable

On 30.03.20 16:54, David Hildenbrand wrote:
>> It would appear that the workflow Andrew uses to queue up patches from
>> you isn't expecting quoted-printable formatting, which is why when Linus
>> gets them, they are mangled.
>>
>> We would either need to switch Andrew to a set of tools that handle 7bit
>> legacy formats better, or figure out how you can send things via MTAs
>> that won't convert from 8bit to quoted-printable. Maybe you can convince
>> Red Hat to set up their relays to always preserve 8bit?
>
> I'll give it a try, but I think it's rather unlikely ... :)

So, people are looking into. Literally any mail that goes via Mimecast
servers (at least sent by me!) is converted *for whatever reason* to
quoted-printable.

E.g., patches I punched out today via "git send-email" even have the
line continuations thingy again (they disappeared for a while, maybe
there are different MTAs involved and it's like playing the lottery)

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20200401104156.11564-2-david@xxxxxxxxxx/raw

>From what I can tell the mail itself is fine once converted, it's just
nasty that 8-bit is converted *for whatever reason*.

--
Thanks,

David / dhildenb