Re: RFC> multi-crop (was: Multiple Rectangle cropping)

Hi Ricardo,

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 10:30:18AM +0200, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Any comment on this? Of course the names should be better chosen, this
> is just a declaration of intentions.

I forgot to ask one question: what's the behaviour of cropping on different
regions? Are the regions located on particular line or what?

Contrary to the case with AF rectaangles, I see fewer possibilities for
standardising the behaviour of multiple crop rectanges which decreases the
value of a generic interface: even if the interface is generic but you have
no idea what it'd actually do you wouldn't gain much.

For this reason it might also make sense to use a private IOCTL (and not a
control) to support the functionality. Or private selections (which we don't
have yet).

--
Regards,

Sakari Ailus