RFC> multi-crop (was: Multiple Rectangle cropping)

Hello

 I am working porting a industrial camera driver to v4l. So far I have
been able to describe most of the old functionality with v4l
equivalents. The only thing that I am missing is multi cropping.

The sensor (both a cmosis and a ccd chips) supports skipping lines
from up to 8 regions. This increases the readout speed up to 50%,
which is critical for the application.

Unfortunately I have no way to describe multiple cropping areas in
v4l. I am thinking about creating a new API/extending and old one for
this.

Any suggestion before I start? Have you faced also this problem? How
did you solve it?

I am planning to go to the Edinburgh mini summit, maybe we could add
this to the agenda (if you consider that it is worth the time, of
course)

Thanks

--
Ricardo Ribalda