Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

On 1/11/13, Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/10/2013 08:08 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't care where they are, really. However I'm strongly against
>>> duplicating them. Feel free to remove the newly created repository, I'll
>>> be fine with that.
>>
>> I haven't duplicated anything at all. It is Mauro who has duplicated
>> stuff,
>> by creating a new tree altogether.
>
> I didn't accuse you. This was a general comment to everybody. Whatever
> the consensus is at the end, do not duplicate the data.

Eventually what will happen is that, as applications do get developed,
the config files which are alongwith the applications will have proper
compatibility with the applications while, the split out config files will
be in a different state, providing nothing but pain for everyone.

Manu