Re: em28xx: msi Digivox ATSC board id [0db0:8810]

Em Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:24:23 +0100
Frank Schäfer <fschaefer.oss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Am 10.12.2012 18:57, schrieb Antti Palosaari:
> > On 12/10/2012 06:13 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> >> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Frank Schäfer
> >>
> >> It's probably also worth mentioning that in that mode the device
> >> reports four bytes, not two.  I guess perhaps if parity is ignored it
> >> reports the data in some other format?  You will probably have to do
> >> some experimentation there.
> >
> > Uh, current em28xx NEC implementation is locked to traditional 16 bit
> > NEC, where is hw checksum used.

It is not the current NEC implementation at the driver; it is, instead,
a hardware issue. At least on the tests I did in the past with em28xx
and remote controllers capable of producing 32 bit keycodes, the NEC
hardware decoder inside em28xx were only providing 16 bits.

Regards,
Mauro