Re: em28xx: msi Digivox ATSC board id [0db0:8810]

On 12/05/2012 11:35 PM, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:
On 12/05/2012 07:35 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:

There is something really wrong.

I am not at US expert but why the hell
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 scans up to 999MHz whilst
demodulator max is set 858? Either one is wrong.

Also, demod seems to be HAS_LOCK about all the time. As that basic
LOCK flag is simply false you cannot even thing if there is correct
configuration on TS interface. If you start zapping that known channel
and then unplug & plug antenna cable did you see still all the time
HAS_LOCK? (it should disappear when antenna cable is unplugged).

regards
Antti

When I disconnected the coax cable, the lock went away. When I
reconnected FE_HAS_LOCK came back.

http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/patch3/azap_disconnect_coax.txt

OK, fine, I was then wrong. I have to say you have a lot of channels over there what I can see from scan result [1]. Those channels which says "tuning failed" are channels where is no transmission and those "filter timeout pid" means there is ta ransmission and demod locks. Here in Finland we have only ~4 MUX DVB-T and maybe other 4 for DVB-T2.

It is then actually working quite well from the developer point of view (as demod loses lock when antenna is unplugged). It means tuner and demodular are working but interface (transport stream interface, TS IF) between demod and USB-bridge is still broken.

I tried to look again your sniff if I can see what it does just before streaming starts, but unfortunately there is no any mention about those streaming packets (isoc packets where picture stream is going). Did you remove those yourself?

[1] http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/patch3/scan.txt

regards
Antti

--