Re: DVB-S2 multistream support

Dear all,

I decided to post a patch against the TBS drivers for all those who want to experiment with the very preliminary base-band demultiplexer until I have a repository to properly host
this stuff. Currently it only works for the
TBS 6925 card. The bb-dmx was created for Linux v3.3, so the patch also contains some changes that made it into Linux since TBS driver release v111118. You can get the TBS source code via this direct link (I know there's a newer version but the patch is against the old driver package):

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document/common/tbs-linux-drivers_v111118.zip

And then you can download the bb-dmx patch from here:

http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cpraehaus/download/tbs_v111118_bb-dmx_2012-03-19.patch.gz

Tuning and configuration of the card is as normal, notice however that the card is currently put in base-band data mode irrespective of any configuration. This means that you probably wont
be able to receive DVB-S.

To test the bb-dmx support, there is a patch against dvbsnoop 1.4.5. You can get the source from the SF site:

http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/

and the patch from here:

http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cpraehaus/download/dvbsnoop-1.4.50_bb-dmx_2012-03-19.patch

Usage:
dvbsnoop -s bb <ISI>	(receive bbframes from <ISI>)

dvbsnoop -s bb -tsraw	(receive everything)

Sorry, its still all very experimental and DVB-S2 specific, but I'd be happy to get feedback from those interested.
Thanks and kind regards,
Christian.