RE: [RFC] Resolution change support in video codecs in v4l2

[...]

> ---
> could

> Key

> we have
> > >
> > >This is not so much dependent on hardware but on the standards which the
> > >cdoecs implement.
> >
> > Could you please elaborate it? On what scenario this is needed?
>
> This is a property of the stream, not a property of the decoder. To
> reconstruct each frame, a part of the stream is required and already decoded
> frames may be used to accelerate the decoding. What those parts are. depends
> on the codec, not a particular implementation.

They are not used to accelerate decoding. They are used to predict what
should be displayed. If that frame is missing or modified it will cause
corruption in consecutive frames.

I want to make it clear - they are necessary, not optional to accelerate
decoding speed.

--
Kamil Debski
Linux Platform Group