Re: media0 not showing up on beagleboard-xm

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 07 November 2011 12:08:15 Gary Thomas wrote:

>> > I followed your example to add the MT9P031 support, and now I get
>> > /dev/media0 and /dev/video0 to 7.
>> >
>> > I don't have the actual sensor hooked up yet.
>> >
>> > If I try "media-ctl -p", I see lots of "Failed to open subdev device
>> > node" msgs.
>> > http://pastebin.com/F1TC9A1n
>> >
>> > This is with the media-ctl utility from:
>> > http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/core/ipk/eglibc/armv7a/base/
>> > media-ctl_0.0.1-r0_armv7a.ipk
>> >
>> > I also tried with the latest from your media-ctl repository, but got
>> > the same msgs.
>> >
>> > Is this an issue with my 3.0.8 kernel not being compatible with
>> > current media-ctl utility?  Is there some older commit that I should
>> > build from?  Or maybe it is just a side effect of the sensor not being
>> > connected yet.
>>
>> Does your kernel config enable CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_SUBDEV_API?

Yes, it is enabled...  Here is a snippet of my config:

#
# Multimedia core support
#
CONFIG_MEDIA_CONTROLLER=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_SUBDEV_API=y
CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_MEDIA=m

> And does your system run udev, or have you created the device nodes manually ?

It runs udev-173... I didn't create the nodes manually.

I also have the /dev/v4l-subdev0 to 7 entries, as expected.

Anything else I should check?

Thanks.