Re: media0 not showing up on beagleboard-xm

On 2011-11-06 15:26, Chris Whittenburg wrote:
Hi Laurent,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi Chris,

On Tuesday 25 October 2011 04:48:13 Chris Whittenburg wrote:
I'm using oe-core to build the 3.0.7+ kernel, which runs fine on my
beagleboard-xm.

You will need board code to register the OMAP3 ISP platform device that will
then be picked by the OMAP3 ISP driver. Example of such board code can be
found at

http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/commit/37f505296ccd3fb055e03b2ab15ccf6ad4befb8d

I followed your example to add the MT9P031 support, and now I get
/dev/media0 and /dev/video0 to 7.

I don't have the actual sensor hooked up yet.

If I try "media-ctl -p", I see lots of "Failed to open subdev device
node" msgs.
http://pastebin.com/F1TC9A1n

This is with the media-ctl utility from:
http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/core/ipk/eglibc/armv7a/base/media-ctl_0.0.1-r0_armv7a.ipk

I also tried with the latest from your media-ctl repository, but got
the same msgs.

Is this an issue with my 3.0.8 kernel not being compatible with
current media-ctl utility?  Is there some older commit that I should
build from?  Or maybe it is just a side effect of the sensor not being
connected yet.

Does your kernel config enable CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_SUBDEV_API?