Re: media0 not showing up on beagleboard-xm

Hi Laurent,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Tuesday 25 October 2011 04:48:13 Chris Whittenburg wrote:
>> I'm using oe-core to build the 3.0.7+ kernel, which runs fine on my
>> beagleboard-xm.
>
> You will need board code to register the OMAP3 ISP platform device that will
> then be picked by the OMAP3 ISP driver. Example of such board code can be
> found at
>
> http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/commit/37f505296ccd3fb055e03b2ab15ccf6ad4befb8d

I followed your example to add the MT9P031 support, and now I get
/dev/media0 and /dev/video0 to 7.

I don't have the actual sensor hooked up yet.

If I try "media-ctl -p", I see lots of "Failed to open subdev device
node" msgs.
http://pastebin.com/F1TC9A1n

This is with the media-ctl utility from:
http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/core/ipk/eglibc/armv7a/base/media-ctl_0.0.1-r0_armv7a.ipk

I also tried with the latest from your media-ctl repository, but got
the same msgs.

Is this an issue with my 3.0.8 kernel not being compatible with
current media-ctl utility?  Is there some older commit that I should
build from?  Or maybe it is just a side effect of the sensor not being
connected yet.

thanks.