media0 not showing up on beagleboard-xm

I'm using oe-core to build the 3.0.7+ kernel, which runs fine on my
beagleboard-xm.

I'm interested in the media controller framework, which I believe is
in this kernel.

I expected there to be a /dev/media0, but it is not there.  I do see
"Linux media interface: v0.10" in my dmesg log, so I know
media_devnode_init() is being called.

Even without a sensor connected and camera defined, I should still get
a media0 which represents the ISP, correct?  I do have
CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP3=y in my kernel config.  The only reference in the
log that I see related to the isp is:
omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: isp registered

It looks like the kernel I'm using doesn't have support for the
"camera=" cmdline option, so hopefully the presence of the camera is
not required to kick things off.

Thanks,
Chris