Re: [patch][saa7134] do not change mute state for capturing audio

23.07.2011 19:09, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>  In this case, it will not be autounmuted after tuning.
Hard to tell about your solution without seeing a patch.
OK, it turns out the automute code is already there,
but it doesn't work. The driver for some reasons
starts the scan on initialization, finds the carrier:
---
saa7134[0]/audio: found PAL main sound carrier @ 6.000 MHz [3969/324]
---
and, because of that, disables the automute. If the
real mute is not enabled at that point, you get the
white noise right away.

Since I have no idea why it finds some carrier, I can't
fix that in any way. Or, maybe, not to call the scan
on driver init? What will that break?

Anyway, as long as the automute code is broken,
we should either start fixing it, or fix PA, or fix mplayer...
Dunno. I wonder how come so many bugs left unfixed
for so long, resulting in a white noise to people...