Re: [patch][saa7134] do not change mute state for capturing audio

22.07.2011 17:03, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Here, I add the following line at my .mplayer/config:

tv		= "driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL-M:chanlist=us-bcast:alsa=1:adevice=hw.1:audiorate=32000:immediatemode=0:amode=1"
Thanks for starting to answer what I was asking for over a week. :)
If this is the case (not verified yet), there may be the simple
automute logic that will fix that in an absense of an auto-unmute
in alsa.
Initially, the driver may be put in an auto-mute state.
It is mute until the tuner is tuned: after the tuner is tuned,
the audio gets immediately automatically unmuted.
If the app does not want this to happen, it may use
the V4L2_CID_AUDIO_MUTE before tuning, to put the device
in a permanent-mute state.
So, in short, I suggest to bind the auto-unmute to the
tuner tune, rather than to the capture start. And that
should be a separate, third mute state, automute. If the
app explicitly wants the mute or unmute, this automute
logic disables.
Do you know any app that will regress even with that?