Re: [patch][saa7134] do not change mute state for capturing audio

23.07.2011 17:06, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
I would suggest fixing all such an apps, even if we
are not going to change that in the driver.
If application needs to change due to a patch, this is a
regression,
I said "even if we are not going to change that in the
driver", which, imho, removes any ambiguity from my
phrase.

But how can scantv (or anything else) rely on the
fact that the board was muted when that app starts?
I guess it can't, and mutes it explicitly first, no?
Even if it mutes, every time a channel is changed, it
will be unmuted, if you put such unmute logic at
VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY.
As I said, I propose the automute state to be a separate,
_third_ state. mute/unmute/automute.
Automute state is only set initially, but if the app
explicitly sets any other state, it is no longer affected.
Since an app can't rely on the state before it was
started, it should set the mute state explicitly first.
In this case, it will not be autounmuted after tuning.