RE: [SOLVED] Enable IR on hdpvr

All,

>Okay, so I emailed a little too quickly.  The messages above got me thinking.  One of them is successful the other is not.
>I verified with irsend.  So, this may be an issue with multiple hdpvrs.

I believe I've tracked this down.

In lirc_zilog.c:

 At 1307:
                ret = add_ir_device(ir);
                if (ret)
                        goto out_free_ir;

Looking at add_ir_device:
  It returns:

	 return i == MAX_IRCTL_DEVICES ? -ENOMEM : i;

Meaning, that with a single device, it will generally return 0.  However, if there are multiple devices it will return a positive. This causes the return check to succeeed, and the goto out_free_ir, and basically doesn't continue.

So, simply changing the check to if (ret<0) seems to resolve this.  Then if -ENOMEM is returned it will fail, and otherwise succeed.

Sorry, this is not an official patch.  The maintainer (Jarod?) should be able to see what I am talking about and correct this.

Thanks!

Jasoin