RE: Enable IR on hdpvr

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 13:49 +0000, Jason Gauthier wrote:

> >> Bah. Yeah, sorry, that wasn't the current patch in Fedora 14. This is:
> >>
> >> http://wilsonet.com/jarod/lirc_misc/hdpvr-ir/hdpvr-ir-enable-2.patch
> >>
> >> Its atop the F14 2.6.35.10 kernel, which has a fairly recent v4l/dvb
> >> backport on top of it, so it should be pretty close to matching the
> >> current v4l/dvb code...
>
> >With the help of Andy Walls and Jean Delvare, I think we've hashed
> out an updated patch that will work sitting atop the current v4l/dvb
> hdpvr code, but I'm only just now getting around to compile->testing
> it, and its past my bedtime, so it'll be tomorrow before I can do any
> sort of functional testing (but hey, due to the snow, I'll be working
> from home tomorrow, where my hdpvr happens to be...).
>
> I've got two hdpvrs.  Whenever you're ready to extend your testing,
> I'm happy to extend that functional testing.  I didn't get a chance to
> look at the FC14 patch yet (busy couple of days), but I will hold off
> now, anyway!

If all goes well, with Jarrod's change, you should be able to test the
hdpvr module with the ir-kbd-i2c module and test IR Rx.

Strictly speaking, lirc_zilog needs some rework to use the kernel
internal interfaces properly.  It might still work, but don't be
surprised if it doesn't.

I might get to working on lirc_zilog tonight, but otherwise not until
this weekend.

Regards,
Andy