Re: HVR-1600 (model 74351 rev F1F5) analog Red Screen

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, Andy Walls wrote:

> > > 3. Please provide the relevant portion of the mythbackend log where
> > > where the digital scanner starts and then fails.
> >
> > So the Digital scanner doesn't fail per se, it just doesn't pick up
> > most of the digital channels available.  The same is true of scan, it
> > seems to find only 1 channel when I know that I have access to 18.
>
> Make sure it's not a signal integrity problem:
>
> 	http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Improve_signal_quality
>
> wild speculation: If the analog tuner driver init failed, maybe that is
> having some bad EMI efect on the digital tuner
>
> I'm assumiong you got more than the 1 channel before trying to enable
> analog tuning.

I don't think there is a digital problem after all, the scanner doesn't seem
to be picking up all the channels (meaning there were entries for most, but
much off the data about the channel was missing in channels.conf).  When I hand
add the 2 that were missing and fill in the rest of the missing data, all of it
works.  I can tune to any of the listed channels and watch them with mplayer.
I am going to take the digital TV side up with the MythTV folks.