Re: WinTV 1400 broken with recent versions?

So i guess, nobody here can help me to solve that problems?

xc2028 1-0064: i2c output error: rc = -6 (should be 64)
xc2028 1-0064: -6 returned from send
xc2028 1-0064: Error -22 while loading base firmware
xc2028 1-0064: Loading firmware for type=BASE F8MHZ (3), id
0000000000000000.

and nobody can tell me, whether thats a firmware problem, or is it an
i2c problem? At least someone who could explain me, what the above
errors mean? Also, nobody has any idea what i could try (except for what
i already did, including reverting patches and downgrading the kernel)?
I don't think the card is that uncommon, because i've already seen some
pages stating problems with that card, at least 3 on this maillinglist
with exactly the same problem (not to talk about those people, who just
send the card back and replace it with something else/people who don't
use maillinglists/bugtracker) however, whether the card is common or
uncommon is not very helpful/useful, so.. it shouldn't really matter.

heh. I'm about to give up. just a pity because the card wasn't
cheap when it came out and every page states "supported in linux" which
seems to be not true anymore. I know that it was, back in 2008 when i
wrote with S. Toth about it.

http://git.linuxtv.org/anttip/media_tree.git?a=commit;h=6676237398d0c2e61e5a3a27e0951f60d6ef6fe3

Here's the commit when the card was added. I was using it without any
trouble around that time. Well if someone knows what i could try (i
could also hack around in the source if someone tells me what to
change/where to change) i'd be very happy about ANY information.

thanks so far.