Re: WinTV 1400 broken with recent versions?

Hey,

i tried to revert that patch manually (e.g. switching into the directory,
vim cx23885-i2c.c, removing the stuff which was added), then "make clean"
"make distclean" followed by "./build.sh" then make rmmod, then plugged in
the card, dmesg shows it loaded the card correctly, all fine, then i did
./scan Scanlist.txt and i get the same i2c related errors. Did a reboot
just to verify, still getting those, scan gives no results always "tuning
failed".

Then i reverted another patch (just to make sure..
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f4acb3c4ccca74f5448354308f917e87ce83505a)
- However, this didn't help. So, the problem might be somewhere else.

I did some more research and it seems i'm not the only one with those
issues, tho nearly none gets answers regarding this trouble, e.g.:

(same card - also expresscard, december 2010)
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg27042.html
(not the same card, tho similar error, hvr 1500, i got hvr 1400 - februar
2009)
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2009-February/031839.html

I'm running out of ideas where the problem might be located. i also tried
to switch the firmware by extracting the firmware manually, didn't help.
There's a low power version and another one available, tried to replace,
didn't work neither.

So it seems, this driver is broken at least since december 2010. Totally
weird why there's such a mess, i know for sure that this WAS working.

Anyone, any idea? Maybe something wrong configured in kernel? Might
running native 64bit the cause (no multilib/32bit compat libs here)?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=67914b5c400d6c213f9e56d7547a2038ab5c06f4