Re: Regression at gspca core affecting SXGA mode on sn9c201 driver

Hi,

On 12/09/2010 01:08 PM, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:06:06 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Drivers should provide a wmaxpacketsize range which they need / can
deal with for a given resolution. This way we can fix your does not
need highest alt setting at lower resolutions scenario (which is a
very valid one), while still allowing fallback to a lower alt
setting if the driver can deal with lower settings too, be it by
lowering framerate or by increasing compression (decreasing the
image quality).

It seems a good strategy.

Hi,

That seems fine also to me.

Ok, so one of us needs to write a patch for this (and I'm rather busy
atm). If you do write a patch for this, it would also be good to change
the code which searches for the next lower alt setting to look at
wmaxpacketsize, then the reverse_alts flag can go away, and more
importantly then we will also work properly with cameras which do not
have their alt settings sorted by size at all (I have at least one such
cam).

Regards,

Hans