Re: Regression at gspca core affecting SXGA mode on sn9c201 driver

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:06:06 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Drivers should provide a wmaxpacketsize range which they need / can
> > deal with for a given resolution. This way we can fix your does not
> > need highest alt setting at lower resolutions scenario (which is a
> > very valid one), while still allowing fallback to a lower alt
> > setting if the driver can deal with lower settings too, be it by
> > lowering framerate or by increasing compression (decreasing the
> > image quality).
>
> It seems a good strategy.

Hi,

That seems fine also to me.

Mauro, about your patch, there is no need to add the variable
'no_audio_hack': just resetting the flag 'audio' in the subdrivers
should be enough.

Also, as a quicker hack, the 'audio' flag could be set only when USB is
1.1. Could that fix the problems found with sn9c20x and stv06xx?

Regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentaÃ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/