RE: RFC: Problem of using v4l2 spec with codec function

Hi,

If MFC(encoder/decoder) has a single node,
how to know application's object before VIDIOC_S_FMT calling ?

VIDIOC_S_CTRL can be called before VIDIOC_S_FMT.
For example user wants to use MFC as an *encoder*,
but user calls VIDIOC_S_CTRL with *decoder* command by mistake.
In that case driver cannot return fail because it cannot know the purpose
before VIDIOC_S_FMT calling. When VIDIOC_S_FMT is called to use MFC as an
*encoder*
after VIDIOC_S_CTRL, driver will be confused how to handle it.

But in two nodes solution
decoder command via VIDIOC_S_CTRL will be failed on encoder device node.

--
Best regards,
Jonghun Han