RE: RFC: Problem of using v4l2 spec with codec function

> Hi,
>
> In two nodes case, application cannot know the feature via
> VIDIOC_QUERYCAP.
> Because decoder and encoder return the same CAPABILITY. OUTPUT and CAPTURE
> So application should call VIDIOC_G_FMT to recognize the feature.

The current V4L API is not good enough to determine what each video node
can do. The upcoming media controller API should help in that. For the
time being you should just assume that applications know what they are
doing.

Anyway, I think having two device nodes is a perfectly valid solution.
Particularly for more complex scenarios.

Regards,

         Hans