Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Mike Booth <mike_booth76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i think someone is too concerned about being precisely accurate. So much so
> that no-one can see the woods for the trees any more.
>
> Its not important to me that accuracy is spot on. I only want to know that
> when tuning the dish I'm getting \better or worse.

I tend to agree with this.  Ultimately what's important is not
necessarily that the readings are 100% accurate, but rather simply put
into some kind of universal scale that provides useful output to the
user.  Many users were happy to see some activity addressing this
issue and unfortunately it seems to have stalled out but I'm not sure
why.  I honestly felt there was enough common ground being discussed
that we'd have a solution by now.

Regards.