Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?

at least in driver for the frontend found on TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 card
i added options "esno" and "dbm" respectively for reporting SNR
(actually C/N) in EsNo dB and signal strength in dBm, which is at
least real statistics about the signal and not like almost meaningless
percents. so, that's one way to go. some DVB-S/S2 demodulators use
EsNo dB and other EbNo dB and so maybe step toward some
standardization is routines for conversion between those two. also,
maybe there will be common agreement how to convert signal strength in
dBm to percents and SNR (C/N) in EsNo or EbNo dB to percents. i
believe that will guarantee more standard way to give information
about the signal, but it's just my opinion.