Re: [RFC 0/3] media: ov5640: Adjust htot, rework clock tree, add LINK_FREQ

On 03/11/2020 10:45, Jacopo Mondi wrote:

>> I tested 640x480, 720x480, 720x576.
>>
>> I have only this sensor to test the CSI RX on AM6 EVM, so I would not be surprised if there are
>> issues in the CSI RX driver (too). But this is super frustrating to debug, as the sensor is a badly
>> documented black box, and I don't have means to probe the CSI lines...
>
> I see.. I'm sure you noticed, but as you mentioned the 'second patch'
> I'll point it out anyway: the series has to be applied in full, as the
> last patch adds support for reporting the link frequency, that has
> been re-calculated by patch 2/3. On imx6 and on Hugues' platforms
> adjusting the receiver's link frequency based on what's reported makes a
> difference.

Yes, I first tried with all three, then tested one by one, and the second one started failing.

drivers/media/platform/ti-vpe/cal-camerarx.c doesn't use V4L2_CID_LINK_FREQ (it uses
V4L2_CID_PIXEL_RATE), though, so why would the third patch matter? Or do you mean that
V4L2_CID_LINK_FREQ must be used to get ov5640 work? Aren't pixel rate and link freq directly linked?

 Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki